With the goal of increasing sustainable strategies in the neighborhood, we asked local providers of weatherization and solar installations to speak about the costs, benefits and incentives associated with this work.
The agenda included:
- Energy Conservation information: How much energy do residential buildings use and where does that energy come from?
- Weatherization: Waste less energy through air sealing, increased insulation, window upgrades and improved ventilation.
- Solar Energy: Learn if your building is a good candidate for installing solar panels and start making your own electricity and hot water.
- Meet neighbors who have weatherized their homes and installed solar panels.
- Hear from local Contractors and Providers about costs, financial and environmental benefits and government incentives to help offset the costs.
A.S.K. Construction (weatherization contractors)
Ellen Honigstock Architect PC (Solar hot water)
Solar One - Advocacy and policy around solar energy.
One Block Off The Grid - California based solar bulk buying club.
Thanks to all these providers and to the Oak and Iris for hosting us.